[vc_row el_class=”main-page-container”][vc_column width=”1/4″][vc_column_text el_class=”home-quote”]
Legals | Forte Medical
2. For the purpose of the DPA and GDPR we are the data controller and any enquiry regarding the collection or processing of your data should be addressed to Data Controller at our address Forte Medical, 21 Bloomsbury Square, London WC1A 2NS.
3. By using the Website you consent to this policy. We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office for this purpose.
Information we collect
4. We will collect personal data on this Website only if it is directly provided to us by you the user, e.g. your e-mail address, name, home or work address and telephone number, and therefore has been provided by you with your consent. Normally you will only provide such details if you wish to sign up for our free e-newsletter or other resources, or are making a purchase from us.
5. We also use analytical and statistical tools that monitor details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data (but this data will not identify you personally).
6. Your payment information (e.g. credit card details) provided when you make a purchase from our website is not received or stored by us. That information is processed securely and privately by the third party payment processors that we use. Forte Medical will not have access to that information at any time. We may share your personal data with our payment processors, but only for the purpose of completing the relevant payment transaction. Such payment processors are banned from using your personal data, except to provide these necessary payment services to us, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your personal data and payment information.
Use of your information
7. We may hold and process personal data that you provide to us in accordance with the DPA and GDPR.
8. The information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable us to provide our services to you, and to meet our contractual commitments to you. In addition, we may use the information for the following purposes:
8.1 To notify you about any changes to our website, such as improvements or service/product changes, that may affect our service;
8.2 If you are an existing customer, we may contact you with information about goods and services similar to those that were the subject of a previous sale to you;
8.3 Where you have consented to receive such information, to provide information on other parties’ products or services that we feel may be of interest to you;
8.4 Where you have consented to receive our e-newsletters, from time to time to provide that to you.
Disclosure of your information
9. We may disclose your information to regulatory bodies to enable us to comply with the law and to assist fraud protection and minimise credit risk.
10. Where you have consented for us to do so, we may provide your data to selected third parties who may contact you about their goods or services that you may be interested in.
11. If you do not want us to use your data for our [or third parties’] use, you will have the opportunity to withhold your consent to this when you provide your details to us on the form on which we collect your data, or you can do so by writing to us at the address detailed in clause 2, or sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org at any time.
12. Please be advised that we do not reveal information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers but we may, on occasion, provide them with aggregate statistical information about our visitors.
Controlling the use of your data
13. If you have given us consent to use your data for a particular purpose you can revoke or vary that consent at any time. If you do not want us to use your data or want to vary the consent that you have provided you can write to us at the address detailed in clause 2 or email us at email@example.com at any time.
Where we store and transfer your data
14. As part of the services offered to you, for example through our Website, the information you provide to us may be transferred to and stored in countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) as we use remote website server hosts to provide the website and some aspects of our service, which may be based outside of the EEA, or use servers based outside of the EEA – this is generally the nature of data stored in “the Cloud”. It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for one of our suppliers, e.g. our website server host, or work for us when temporarily outside of the EEA.
16. We do not use or disclose sensitive personal data, such as race, religion, or political affiliations, without your explicit consent.
18. Otherwise, we will process, disclose or share your personal data only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with legal requirements or legal process served on us or the website.
19. You have the right to opt out of our processing your personal data for marketing purposes by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
20. The transmission of information via the Internet or email is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of data while you are transmitting it to our site; any such transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal data, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
21. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password so that you can access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You should choose a password it is not easy for someone to guess.
Third party links
22. You might find links to third party websites on our website. These websites should have their own privacy policies, which you should check. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as we have no control over them.
24. The DPA and GDPR give you the right to access information held about you by us. Please write to us or contact us by email if you wish to request confirmation of what personal information we hold relating to you. You can write to us at the address detailed in clause 2, above, or by email to email@example.com. There is no charge for requesting that we provide you with details of the personal data that we hold. We will provide this information within one month of your requesting the data.
25. You have the right to change the permissions that you have given us in relation to how we may use your data. You also have the right to request that we cease using your data or that we delete all personal data records that we hold relating to you. You can exercise these rights at any time by writing to us at the address detailed in clause 2, above, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to this policy
FORTE MEDICAL LIMITED: ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY
Forte Medical Limited is fully committed to protecting the environment and continually strives to improve the environmental performance of its operations and manufacturing processes.
Forte Medical uses polypropylene for its Peezy Midstream device, which we believe to be the most environmentally sound plastic because:
- Produces less solid waste by weight than other plastics
- Produce significantly less CO2 equivalents by weight than other plastics
- Can be easily recycled
The evidence on which we base our environmental credentials is:
- Peezy Midstream reduces false positive urine specimens by over 70% (ie, 3 specimens are sent to the lab instead of 7)
- Peezy Midstream reduces specimen contamination to 1.5% from a national average of 22.5%
Peezy Midstream collects right-first-time urine specimens for accurate diagnoses, delivering a number of environmental considerations:
- Fewer false-positive and contaminated urine specimens, resulting in significantly less waste being generated by repeat specimen collection
- Ten Peezy kits can be used for the cost of one laboratory investigation, which delivers significant savings in the use of single-use, disposable equipment such as agar plates, petri dishes and dispensing equipment in the laboratory.
- The environmental impact of reducing the transport required to take unreliable diagnostic specimens to the lab
- Peezy Midstream is delivered directly into the 10ml lab friendly Primary Tube which fits directly into automated urine analysis machines removing the need to decant into a new tube, a process demanded by most incumbent methods
As a company we are committed to reducing plastic waste where possible and are constantly monitoring the market for more sustainable alternatives. We are prepared and committed to switching to alternative materials when a cost effective, novel material can match the performance of polypropylene and guarantee the same right-first-time diagnosis and treatment for patients.
STANDARD TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR SALE OF GOODS FORTE MEDICAL LIMITED
In this document the following words shall have the following meanings:
1.1 “Buyer” means the organisation or person who buys Goods from the Seller;
1.2 “Goods” means the articles to be supplied to the Buyer by the Seller;
1.3 “Intellectual Property Rights” means all patents, registered and unregistered designs, copyright, trade marks, know-how and all other forms of intellectual property wherever in the world enforceable;
1.4 “List Price” means the list of prices of the Goods maintained by the Seller as amended from time to time;
1.5 “Seller” means Forte Medical Limited, 21 Bloomsbury Square, London WC1A 2NS
2.1 These Terms and Conditions shall apply to all contracts for the sale of Goods by the Seller to the Buyer to the exclusion of all other terms and conditions referred to, offered or relied on by the Buyer whether in negotiation or at any stage in the dealings between the parties, including any standard or printed terms tendered by the Buyer, unless the Buyer specifically states in writing, separately from such terms, that it wishes such terms to apply and this has been acknowledged by the Seller in writing.
2.2 Any variation to these Terms and Conditions (including any special terms and conditions agreed between the parties) shall be inapplicable unless agreed in writing by the Seller.
3. PRICE AND PAYMENT
3.1 The price shall be that in the Seller’s current List Price, or such other price as the parties may agree in writing. The price is exclusive of VAT or any other applicable costs. Carriage shall be paid for by the buyer unless otherwise stipulated.
3.2 Payment of the price and VAT and any other applicable costs shall be due within 30 days of the date of receipt of the invoice supplied by the Seller.
3.3 The Seller shall be entitled to charge interest on overdue invoices from the date when payment becomes due from day to day until the date of payment at a rate of 5% per annum above the base rate of the Bank of England.
3.4 If payment of the price or any part thereof is not made by the due date, the Seller shall be entitled to:
3.4.1 require payment in advance of delivery in relation to any Goods not previously delivered;
3.4.2 refuse to make delivery of any undelivered Goods whether ordered under the contract or not and without incurring any liability whatever to the Buyer for non-delivery or any delay in delivery;
3.4.3 terminate the contract.
Any description given or applied to the Goods is given by way of identification only and the use of such description shall not constitute a sale by description. For the avoidance of doubt, the Buyer hereby affirms that it does not in any way rely on any description when entering into the contract.
Where a sample of the Goods is shown to and inspected by the Buyer, the parties hereto accept that such a sample is so shown and inspected for the sole purpose of enabling the Buyer to judge for itself the quality of the bulk, and not so as to constitute a sale by sample.
6.1 Unless otherwise agreed in writing, delivery of the Goods shall take place at the address specified by the Buyer on the date specified by the Seller. The Buyer shall make all arrangements necessary to take delivery of the Goods whenever they are tendered for delivery.
6.2 The date of delivery specified by the Seller is an estimate only. Time for delivery shall not be of the essence of the contract.
6.3 If the Seller is unable to deliver the Goods for reasons beyond its control, then the Seller shall be entitled to place the Goods in storage until such times as delivery may be effected and the Buyer shall be liable for any expense associated with such storage.
6.4 The Buyer shall be entitled to replacement Goods where the Goods have been damaged during transportation. The Buyer must notify the Seller of the damage within 24 hours of delivery.
Risk in the Goods shall pass to the Buyer at the moment the Goods are dispatched from the Seller’s premises. Where the Buyer chooses to collect the Goods itself, risk will pass when the Goods are entrusted to it or set aside for its collection, whichever happens first.
Title in the Goods shall not pass to the Buyer until the Seller has been paid in full for the Goods.
9.1 Where the Goods have been manufactured by the Seller and are found to be defective, the Seller shall repair, or in its sole discretion, replace defective Goods free of charge within one month from the date of delivery, subject to the following conditions:
9.1.1 the Buyer notifying the Seller in writing immediately upon the defect becoming apparent;
9.1.2 the defect being due to the faulty design, materials or workmanship of the Seller.
9.2 Any Goods to be repaired or replaced shall be returned to the Seller at the Buyer’s expense, if so requested by the Seller.
9.3 Where the Goods have been manufactured and supplied to the Seller by a third party, any warranty granted to the Seller in respect of the Goods shall be passed on to the Buyer.
9.4 The Seller shall be entitled in its absolute discretion to refund the price of the defective Goods in the event that such price has already been paid.
9.5 The remedies contained in this Clause are without prejudice to the other Terms and Conditions herein, including, but without limitation, Clauses 10 and 11 below.
10.1 No liability of any nature shall be incurred or accepted by the Seller in respect of any representation made by the Seller, or on its behalf, to the Buyer, or to any party acting on its behalf, prior to the making of this contract where such representations were made or given in relation to:
10.1.1 the correspondence of the Goods with any description;
10.1.2 the quality of the Goods; or
10.1.3 the fitness of the Goods for any purpose whatsoever.
10.2 No liability of any nature shall be accepted by the Seller to the Buyer in respect of any express term of this contract where such term relates in any way to:
10.2.1 the correspondence of the Goods with any description;
10.2.2 the quality of the Goods; or
10.2.3 the fitness of the Goods for any purpose whatsoever.
10.3 All implied terms, conditions or warranties as to the correspondence of the Goods to any description or the satisfactory quality of the Goods or the fitness of the Goods for any purpose whatsoever (whether made known to the Seller or not) are hereby excluded from the contract.
11 LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
11.1 Where any court or arbitrator determines that any part of Clause 10 above is, for whatever reason, unenforceable, the Seller shall be liable for all loss or damage suffered by the Buyer but in an amount not exceeding the contract price.
11.2 Nothing contained in these Terms and Conditions shall be construed so as to limit or exclude the liability of the Seller for death or personal injury as a result of the Seller’s negligence or that of its employees or agents.
12 INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
All Intellectual Property Rights produced from or arising as a result of the performance of this Agreement shall, so far as not already vested, become the absolute property of the Seller, and the Buyer shall do all that is reasonably necessary to ensure that such rights vest in the Seller by the execution of appropriate instruments or the making of agreements with third parties.
13 FORCE MAJEURE
The Seller shall not be liable for any delay or failure to perform any of its obligations if the delay or failure results from events or circumstances outside its reasonable control, including but not limited to acts of God, strikes, lock outs, accidents, war, fire, breakdown of plant or machinery or shortage or unavailability of raw materials from a natural source of supply, and the Seller shall be entitled to a reasonable extension of its obligations. If the delay persists for such time as the Seller considers unreasonable, it may, without liability on its part, terminate the contract.
14 RELATIONSHIP OF PARTIES
Nothing contained in these Terms and Conditions shall be construed as establishing or implying any partnership or joint venture between the parties and nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall be deemed to construe either of the parties as the agent of the other.
15 ASSIGNMENT AND SUB-CONTRACTING
The contract between the Buyer and Seller for the sale of Goods shall not be assigned or transferred, nor the performance of any obligation sub-contracted, in either case by the Buyer, without the prior written consent of the Seller.
The failure by either party to enforce at any time or for any period any one or more of the Terms and Conditions herein shall not be a waiver of them or of the right at any time subsequently to enforce all Terms and Conditions of this Agreement.
If any term or provision of these Terms and Conditions is held invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason by any court of competent jurisdiction such provision shall be severed and the remainder of the provisions hereof shall continue in full force and effect as if these Terms and Conditions had been agreed with the invalid, illegal or unenforceable provision eliminated.
18 GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Scotland] and the parties hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English OR Scottish courts.[/vc_column_text][vc_raw_html]JTNDc3R5bGUlM0UlMEEuZW50cnktY29udGVudCUyMGxpJTIwJTdCJTBBJTIwJTIwJTIwJTIwZm9udC1mYW1pbHklM0ElMjAlMjJBY3VtaW4tcHJvJTIyJTJDJTIySGVsdmV0aWNhJTIwTmV1ZSUyMiUyQ0hlbHZldGljYSUyQ0FyaWFsJTJDc2Fucy1zZXJpZiUyMCUyMWltcG9ydGFudCUzQiUwQSUyMCUyMCUyMCUyMGZvbnQtc2l6ZSUzQSUyMDE5cHglM0IlMEElMjAlMjAlMjAlMjBjb2xvciUzQSUyMCUyMzRhNGE0YSUzQiUwQSU3RCUwQSUzQyUyRnN0eWxlJTNF[/vc_raw_html][/vc_column][/vc_row]